Every year thousands of students take IELTS test in order to study at an international university in an English speaking country.
What is IELTS?
IELTS is one of the most popular English Proficiency Examination in the world. The IELTS exam is given by those who are non-native English speakers but want to live, study or work in English speaking country.
IELTS is a paper-based examination that tests four skills – speaking, writing, reading and listening. The IELTS test is conducted by the British Councils, the University of Cambridge, and IELTS Australia. Basically, it is connected with the British government and typically used by British universities, as well as New Zealand and Australian universities to check the language potential of foreign students.
IELTS is band based exam that means no one will fail. However, the test is given a level from 0-9, based on how well students perform in exam. So, IELTS students sets their own targets to reach.
There are four sections in IELTS exam:
This will take 60 minutes. This test has:
- Three long reading passages with tasks
- One question type require you to match heading with the paragraphs in the text. Here you have to complete summary of the passage.
- Word list is given and you have to fill table, chart and picture with correct word.
- Statements are given and you are asked whether these statements are true or false.
- Questions like match word with ideas are also asked.
There are four sections in IELTS listening:
- Transactional conversation: In this conversation, someone may be applying for something or may be ask for some information.
- Informational lecture: Something like a dean explaining you rules of university.
- Third is a conversation in an academic context.
- Fourth section will be an academic lecture.
For each section, you have to answer questions in context of filling out a summary or fill a table or answer multiple-choice questions. This will take 30 minutes and 10 minutes are given to transfer your answer to the answer sheet.
Speaking test will held on different day from rest of sections. This is like a face-to-face interview. Questions are like:
- Brief introductory conversation on familiar topics.
- Questions will be asked on those topics.
- A small personal interview about you and your daily routine.
- You will be given a topic and you have to say few words about it.
This test takes 30 minutes and there are 2 writing tests:
- You will be asked to explain or summarize a table or graph or diagram in 150 words.
- Second one is like a short essay that asks you to present your opinion on a given topic.
Almost all students who take on IELTS test agree on the facts that IELTS is very challenging but with lot of self-study and practice, it can be scored. Some students learn this course by themselves, some with friends while some other prefer to take course. However many IELTS students make a common mistake of taking the test without any knowledge of how this test works. Some students take IELTS course too late and at the end struggle due to lack of time to prepare and ultimately failed to reach required band. Hence it is always better to be ready beforehand, research about IELTS on internet, and take IELTS course in advance to get ample of time to prepare.
IELTS Coaching in Nagpur:
Krishna Consultants, is among the established Studies Abroad Consultancy firm in Nagpur. Krishna Consultants is well-known amongst the students for its exceptional coaching. KC’s 14 years of expertise in GRE, GMAT, SAT, TOEFL and IELTS coaching along with its professional & dedicated faculty have helped students to attain enviable scores. Exclusive highlights of KC include:
- More than 50 hours of in depth course to become an expert at every concept of IELTS.
- Comprehensive Learning Material.
- Extra homework assignments to supplement classroom instruction.
- Professional faculty with many years of experience in this area.
- Test taking ideas and techniques for getting higher scores.
- Added advantage for slightly weak students – They get to re-attend the next IELTS batch for chosen topics, FREE of charge.
- Mock Tests for actual IELTS experience.
So get valuable information on everything from coaching to admissions to Visas into top ranked Universities worldwide at Krishna Consultants.
For complete information and enrolment for IELTS coaching, Higher Education Abroad admission, visa-assistance. Contact Krishna Consultants on Tel: 91-712-2222061/62 or email us at email@example.com